11 August, 2011

{this memory} 12

Every photo has a story behind it, at least a small one, and that is what we have here.

In June of 2005 when my younger daughter was graduated from college, she and I jetted off on a European vacation. I described a few days of this trek in The Age of Intelligence.

We flew to Munich from JFK. That was followed by overnights (1, 2, or 3) in Amsterdam, Paris, Canterbury, Stonehenge, Cardiff, Dublin, Warwick, Moffat, Isle of Skye, and Edinburgh. The stop in Moffat was for two nights, mostly as a stop along the way.

I selected Moffat primarily so we could stay at this hotel in Scotland. I'm strange that way. The Star Hotel was the narrowest free standing hotel in the world - or so they claimed. Our room was the one just over the sign; it went from wall to wall - maybe 18 feet.

This photo simply reminds me of a wonderful time with my younger daughter, just before she began to make her own way in the world.
TGB

No comments:

Post a Comment