14 June, 2012

{this memory} 55

This is the story behind last Monday's {this moment}.

You're in New York - in my bedroom around 1986 or so. The two young ladies enjoying that bed are, of course, my daughters at about three and five years of age. The brass headboard is now in the basement, the sheets are long ago retired, and the table cloth spread upon the bed ... well, who knows what happened to that.

I'm not sure there is much of a story to tell here, but what child doesn't love to climb into their parents bed?! I'll assume this was on a weekend so I was available to take a photo, and it's oh so clear that mom has catered to their every desire with breakfast in bed. I'm pretty sure those are pancakes she made into various shapes - animals, initials, etc. A childhood favorite.

None of that matters, of course. What really matters is how much I love these two girls, and as Father's Day approaches, my heart swells and overwhelms me with that love and the pride I feel at seeing what beautiful and talented young women they have become.

So many wonderful memories - I am a fortunate man.
TGB