07 November, 2013

{this memory} 95

This is the story behind last Monday's {this moment}.

Takes my breath away. Again. That's what this little fellow does to me. My grandson.

He was in Guatemala with his mother who was collecting data. Having finally arrived at their destination, he was busily exploring, and what did he find? A fountain, of course. His own personal fountain - not like the great big one in the courtyard.

I wish I could have been there, or better still I wish I knew what he was thinking. At that's what I treasure most - that wonderful mind of a child. So much to explore, to discover, to experience in this awesome astonishing world. I hope my mind is still as open as his now. Maybe. I don't mind getting older, but I don't want to grow up.

I am a fortunate man. Life's been good to me so far.
TGB