23 December, 2012

Father John and His Young Parishioner

It was the Sunday after Christmas at St. Peter and Sain Paul's Church in Borden, Kent, England. Father John was looking at the nativity scene prior to packing away the figures when he noticed the baby Jesus was missing.

Immediately, Father John turned towards the vicarage in order to call the police. But as he was about to do so, he saw little Harry with a red wagon, and in the wagon was the figure of the little infant, Jesus.

Father John walked up to Harry and said, "Well, Harry, where did you get the little infant?"

Harry replied honestly, "I took him from the church, Father John."

"And why did you take him?"

With a sheepish smile, Harry said, "Well, about a week before Christmas I prayed to little Lord Jesus. I told him if he would bring me a red wagon for Christmas, I would give him a ride around the block in it."

Author Unknown