18 May, 2012

Poetically Impossible

In January I participated in a "30 poems in 30 days" challenge. On Day 5 of the challenge, I was to write a poem about an impossible event. As Dumbledore replied "Of course, it's happening inside your head, Harry; why should that mean it's not real?" You decide.


          But what is real and what is not?
          So many disagree.
          And what of that we’re told is just
          Impossibility?

          Perhaps these things are just the things
          Which haven’t yet to be
          Because no one has cared to think
          Sufficiently to see.

          When I am dared to think about
          Impossibility,
          It seems I can’t because I think
          Of them successfully.

          I’ll share my proof with those who care,
          But now I must decree,
          Indeed, if I can think of it,
          It’s real. It’s come to be.

          It’s seems to me the truth of it
          Is that there cannot be,
          At least for those who think at all,
          Impossibility.

TGB