12 April, 2012

{this memory} 46

This is the story behind last Monday's {this moment}.

You're in Italy - near Florence, to be precise. You're in Trattoria Omero, a wonderful restaurant in Arcetri deep in the Florence suburbs. Eccezionale!

My older daughter and I lingered there over a nearly three hour lunch, not 10 meters from Galileo's villa across the street. The drop dead gorgeous view of the Tuscan hillside was out the window beside our table. Wow!

Galileo was the real reason I was there, but I never let a bit of work be all work. We had arrived by train from Paris and would soon be off again heading north. When I recommended the place to an old high school friend who lived in Florence for a few years, she confessed to eating there on several occasions - although she was forced to share the restaurant with Pavarotti once. Tough duty.

So many wonderful memories - I am a fortunate man.
TGB