06 February, 2014

{this memory} 105

This is the story behind last Monday's {this moment}.

Oh, we're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo.

In the image are my two daughters back in the 1980s at the Syracuse Zoo. Zoos have always been high on our list of to-dos as I dragged my family with me just about everywhere. Another daddy memory.

I'm a believer in zoos and have served on the Board of Trustees of the Utica Zoo. The world is a better place for the existence of zoos. They do good work, and they're great family fun.

And what zoos, you ask. Well ... Rome, Paris, London, Leipzig, Central Park NYC, Washington DC, Norfolk, Chicago, San Antonio, Tampa Bay, San Francisco, San Diego (and animal park), Cincinnati, Palm Beach, Roanoke, New Orleans, and almost a dozen aquaria. Perhaps some others not coming to mind at the moment. Several whale watches too.

My girls are pretty much on their own now, but I was pleased to see them, together, taking my grandson, the Mighty Finn, to the Washington Zoo the last time we were all there.

I'm a fortunate man. Life's been good to me so far.
TGB