05 April, 2012

{this memory} 45

This is the story behind last Monday's {this moment}.

You're in New York - Oneida, to be precise. You're in the kitchen of an old farmhouse I owned from the mid-70s to the mid-80s. The young lady in the picture is my older daughter, and she's about three months old. She's a mom herself now - as my readers know - the mother of the Mighty Finn who is not yet two months old.

Also in the picture is a gingerbread house I made for Christmas that year. It's a little bare - just the gingerbread glued with royal icing. The shingles are Keebler's Deluxe Grahams dusted with powdered sugar. Pretty basic - but it is all hand-made, and I did illuminate it from inside.

I still love Christmas - though it has been a while since my last gingerbread house. This year I think I'll need to go all out. The Mighty Finn will expect no less, I'm sure. He's certain to bring out the best in me.

So many wonderful memories - I am a fortunate man.
TGB