02 October, 2011

An Atheist

young woman teacher with obvious liberal tendencies explained to her class of small children that she was an atheist. She asked her class if they were atheists too. Not really knowing what atheism was but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands exploded into the air like fleshy fireworks.

There was, however, one exception. A beautiful girl named Lucy had not gone along with the crowd, and the teacher asked her why she has decided to be different.

"Because I'm not an atheist."

Then, asked the teacher, "What are you?"

"I'm a Christian."

The teacher was a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asked Lucy why she was a Christian.

"Well, I was brought up knowing and loving Jesus. My mom is a Christian, and my dad is a Christian, so I am a Christian."

The teacher was now angry. "That's no reason," she said loudly. "What if your mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron. What would you be then?"

She paused and smiled before saying "Then, I'd be an atheist."

Author Unknown   

No comments:

Post a Comment