22 September, 2011

{this memory} 18


So sweet.
My older daughter.
And tomorrow she turns 30.

I'm not completely sure of the year this was taken but probably 1986. She was about five and sitting on the hearth of the fireplace located in our family room. That's all I can tell you about the image, but what I can tell you about the little girl is that she was loved by her father. No child has ever been loved more, and no young woman can claim to have a father who is more proud of her than I of my daughter.

When I see this image, I am reminded of that love and pride but also of how quickly childhood passes. It seems like only yesterday that she was this little girl, and of course, I want to dwell and savor each moment of that memory.

Walk with me.

 She never did want to sleep when we wanted her to sleep.

 I bought her a bear - the largest one I could find.

 I do believe she has turned one year old.

 Do these come in any other size?

 Christmas morning - her third.

 With younger sister (equally loved) - let's dance.

Stepping out - recital #1826. 

She-Ra - Princess of Power.

Today She-Ra has become a physician - a Fellow in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology and in a few months she will have her own young child to nurture and watch grow into a fine young person.

What a wonderful world!
TGB